Monday, July 4, 2011

Be Thankful, Things Could Be Worse

I guess it is nature, but we sometimes get carried away.
Complaining about the weather, our health and worries each day.
But just stop and consider all the good in our lives.
And realize that others must too deal with life’s strife .
I complain about my house, it’s not this, it’s not that.
Then I see a man who is homeless and lays down to sleep wherever he’s at.
I fuss about my job the pay and the work.
While there are people who would love to do what I do, but they can’t cause they hurt.
I gripe about car payments, insurance, upkeep and the prices of gas.
Then I see cars broken down on the road, and people walking as I pass.
And our kids they won’t listen or mind and they’re silly and lazy, often causing us to pull out our hair.
But look at parents who have lost their kids, we should be thankful we have ours and glad that they're there.
And though it all works, we complain about our bodies, our aches, our looks and our health.
Though there are many, if they could get out of bed would gladly give up their riches and wealth.
They need help rolling over in bed, getting up, getting dressed and being able to eat.
Oh if they could only pick up their own fork, to them that would be a great feat.
It seems we are never happy and love to complain.
But look around at others and notice all the death and the pain.
If you have friends and family you love.
Stop for a moment and thank the good lord above.
There is a reason we’re still here on this earth.
Look on the bright side for what it is worth.
If you have a job, a car and a roof over your head.
Then quit your complaining, at least you ain’t dead!

No comments: