Saturday, October 22, 2011

Ain't Got No Shoes!


549655690_bdfe29bf25_m.jpg


I remember looking at the class pictures of my mom when she was in elementary school... All of those kids in their finest clothes for picture day and... Some of them didn't have shoes! My mom had shoes, but many people couldn't afford them, so they went without. Now, I never remember not having any shoes, but I once wore my sisters shoes that looked just like mine... And when I came in from school that afternoon my mom took one look at my feet and died laughing... I had worn them on the wrong feet all day long. Well, they were too big, I didn't notice.
Now, my daughter Cassidy.... Let's just say, I don't think she will ever have to worry about having too many shoes. She is always loosing them, tearing them up by dragging her toes while she is riding her bike, or leaving them where the dog can chew on them. Twice last year, I was late for work because I had to take her to buy her a new pair of shoes because she could not find any to wear to school or the dog had gotten a hold of them. Soooo... Last week, she went to church camp with two pair of shoes. On the last day of camp she called to say she had lost both pair. Well, when she went to lost and found... Her shoes were not there but there was a green pair of flip flops that fit, and that's what she came home wearing. Today, her aunt invited her to go to another town to see the fireworks and.... SHE DON'T HAVE ANY SHOES.... She had shoes yesterday!! She had shoes when she left this morning!! And there are two shoes out on the front yard that I recognize... But they don't match.... WTF????.... Anyway... last I saw of her, she was getting in the car, with no shoes!!!!!Wonder how long it will take them to notice she ain't wearing any? Hehehe... I know... One day she will probably remember things differently and tell her kids she was so poor when she was growing up... SHE DIDN'T HAVE ANY SHOES!!!!!!!

No comments: