Saturday, October 22, 2011

Egg Roll Recipe

This is my sisters own recipe for egg rolls just as she wrote it and I think she has the Chinese restaurants around here beat. They are easy to make and are a family favorite so I thought I would share them with everyone since none of us are in the restaurant business and protecting our recipies... Hope you enjoy them.

Egg Rolls

2 packages of egg roll wrappers
2 packages of cole slaw mix (Shred cabbage)
1 onion chopped fine
1 teaspoon of minced garlic (Jar)
6 boneless chicken breast cooked and cut up
real fine pieces
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1 cup of kickoman soy sauce...you have to use
this brand...no other like it !
1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a deep skillet or large pan, add veg. oil, onion, and garlic. Cook till tender. Add chopped chicken and soy sauce. Add dry seasons. Add both pkg of cole slaw mix. This cooks down real fast. Be sure you have a big skillet. Cook until cabbage is almost tender. Maybe for about 7 minutes. On the back of the packages of your egg roll wrappers, there is directions on how to make them. Be sure not to over fill them . they will split, and be sure to wet the last corner with water to seal it. Then you just deep fry them.
I make up my mixture the night before so the seasons are all mixed in good. Then all you have to do the next day is roll and fry. Call me if you dont understand. Enjoy..Its really easy or I wouldnt make them. There are 18 wrappers per package. I buy 2 pkgs but last time i made 3 pkg because i was careful not to make them too fat.

No comments: