Saturday, October 22, 2011

Onions, Yuck!

doesnt_cook.jpg
doesnt_cook.jpg (28.84 KiB) Viewed 70 times

Why do restaurants put onions on the kids burgers? Did they do a survey and find out little kids like onions? I don't think so, I know my daughter won't eat anything if she knows there are onions in it. However, I have found that sometimes if I dice them up real small, she doesn't notice. Now, my daughter loves my potato soup and has been eating it for years. Then one day last year she came into the kitchen as I was throwing the onions into a pot of potato soup I was cooking and she wasn't happy. Then I explained to her, I always put onions in the potato soup, it doesn't taste right if you don't. So, she was happy and ate her soup.
Well last week she decided she wanted potato soup and would not take no for an answer, so I made her potato soup... minus the chopped up ham and onions... She was in the living room eating her soup and watching TV when she hollered, "You forgot to put ham in here".... To which I replied, "I didn't have any ham to put in there"... A few minutes later, she hollered, "Momma, you didn't put any onions in here"... To which I replied, "I didn't have any onions". Then she got mad and said it didn't taste right... lol
Well, last night she wanted me to make her a pot of vegetable beef soup for supper. She walked in just as I was throwing the onions into the pot and she wasn't happy..... Then I explained to her, "I always put onions in vegetable beef soup, it doesn't taste right if you don't". Wait till she finds out there are onions in the meat loaf and chili she has been eating all these years too!

No comments: