Saturday, October 22, 2011

Woodpecker Tree

woodpecker tree.jpg

One thing I really love about my job is that I am out and about all day long, often I find myself singing to the radio while traveling to other neighboring towns and out in the boonies. One the long drives I have time to rubberneck and look at the clouds, all the creeks, rivers, animals and anything else that I pass that grabs my interest. Every now and then I find something unusual and say, Hummmmm, I have been down this road a hundred times, how long has this tree been here?? This tree is off 224 on the way to Swifton, Arkansas and I don't know why it took me so many trips down that road before I noticed it. Someone had a lot of time on their hands and a pretty good imagination. I sometimes get carried away looking at all the scenery and miss my turn and end up way out of my territory. Oh well, it's about the trip not the destination... Right??

No comments: