Saturday, October 22, 2011

Guess Who's Coming To The Reunion

dementia-old-couple-funny.jpg
dementia-old-couple-funny.jpg (127.13 KiB) Viewed 22 times


I went to visit this little ole lady I know the other day and during our visit she looked at me and said, “You know what I have always wanted to do? I've always wanted to make big bowl of potato salad, then go for a drive through the park in the summer looking for a family reunion to crash. I would just get out of the car and walk up and put my bowl on their table and start talking to people like I am part of the family”. Oh my, I think she would really do it... This little lady don’t ever meet a stranger so I bet she could pull it off. Wouldn't it be fun to be so brave and carefree to do something like that?
This lady is usually in a pretty good mood so I don’t know what her husband had done before I got there, but he was in the dog house. She said she was mad at him and the daughter (who’s in her 60’s) agreed, they were both mad, they said if they cooled off later, he might get something to eat before bedtime. The poor man was banned to his computer room while I was there. When I saw him and he looked pretty content, I really don’t think he realized he was in trouble or perhaps he just didn't care. Then again, maybe that's the way he planned it all along.
I thought I'd give everyone the heads up in case you are planning a family reunion anytime this coming summer. Be on the look out for little old ladies carrying big bowls of potato salad with husbands who don’t have a clue as to what is going on!!

No comments: